Sunday, July 22, 2007

Pinoy nga naman!

Posted by Double Y at 2:58 PM
I know Ive had some bad experiences with some of our kababayans.. Anyway, here's the good side.

Our NW flight had a three hour layover in NRT airport. I have been to this airport last time enroute to Canada so Im kinda familiar as to where to go. Mig was so hungry, even after I gave him my share of the meal they served in the plane. So I told him to stay at the gate where we will be boarding while I go look for food. There were a couple of cafes and shops, until I decided to go to this deli. While waiting for my turn to pay, I asked the person behind me if he knows if this particular shop accepts USD, to which he replied " oo". Pinoy pala sya! Cool! He asked where Im headed, turned out we are on the same flight. SO we chatted a little bit until it was my turn to pay., I handed the cashier my 50usd and he refused to accept it since they dont have change. The guy whom I was chatting with offered to pay for Mig's sandwich, though it was only 4usd, I was still grateful. So I left the counter and went to see Mig. Then I went to look for change so that I can pay him. Sana madaming katulad nya no? He lives in the US for almost a decade already and is in the business of bringing PH nurses to the US. He even gave me tips on what to do when applying for greencard.
 

Double Y's freckles Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei