Saturday, September 29, 2007

Crash the Mac!

Posted by Double Y at 7:36 PM

Jamz got me a Macbook and after installing adium extras, it crashed! It just shutdown, then when I opened it, it only showed a blinking folder with a question mark on it. I have not fully installed a lot of things yet and this isn't my first Apple experience. I was given a Powerbook G4 in my previous job and this is the first time, I've ever crashed a Mac. Perhaps its because the MacBook runs through Intel while the Powerbook doesn't.



So we brought my 1 day old Mac Book to the nearest Apple store, I was kinda hoping that he would just reformat it. But then when they boot it up using an external drive, my HD can not be detected. So the Apple Expert told us that they have to replace the HD, good thing it has Apple Care and good thing it doesnt have any data on it yet! Whew! For now, Im stuck using Jamz' laptop.

Side story: While I was trying to figure out what is wrong with my Mac, I called 1-800-My-Apple tech support. Was surprised to know that Apple has a call center in Makati! I was actually talking to someone in the Philippines! Cool!
 

Double Y's freckles Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei