Thursday, September 20, 2007

Book raid and a short history of my book choices

Posted by Double Y at 8:53 PM
We're off to attend Joe's wedding tomorrow and since it is on the Vineyards at Hollister and Im going to wear a short dress, I gotta have some stockings on otherwise Ill die of cold! And so we went looking for Spanx at the nearest Nordstrom but then we ended up going to Target instead where they have some stocks of the same brand. On our way to the parking lot, we passed Barnes and Noble and were attracted to the 10%,20% AND 40% off discounts on books. Initially, I just wanted to see the Calvin and Hobbes comic books ( thanks Art for introducing my to Calvin, now Im addicted to them as well) which were on sale. But then Jamz being a bookworm, went inside and decided to stock up on books. I was so hungry we went inside half past 12pm and we ended up leaving the bookstore at 245pm! Good thing he works at home and doesnt have to worry about his boss looking for him!

So what did I get? I got some girlie books, Im starting to read them just for the sake of reading, Im a die hard fan of John Grisham and would not read anything but books from him only!

But then, my friend Peter introduced me to Becky of the Shopaholic series, I liked it and ended up buying books written by Sophie Kinsella.Then Laura Weinsberger's Devil wears Prada caught my attention (thanks to amor who compared me to Becky and felt that we both met our Mirandas sometime in our work life in TM) that I finished reading it even before the movie started filming and bought the second book from the same author, "Everybody worth knowing". Since back then, John Grisham's next book, "The Innocent Man" was not yet out on paperback ( I prefer paperback since they fit my bags), I picked up the "Lipstick Jungle" by Candace Bushnell when we were on vacation at Malaysia (which they have not started filming back then) and Trading Up. Jamz got me Sex and the City, 4 Non Blondes and The Innocent Man by John Grisham ( on hardbound) before I arrived here.

Today, I got 6 books: "Get a grip on Dreams by Maeve Ennis and Jennifer Parker, "Lethally Blond" by Kate White, "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd, "Sweet Bye Bye" by Denise Michelle Harris, "Casual" by Oksana Robski, and "American Girls" by Jennifer Weiner, Lauren Weisberger, Adriana Trigiani and 14 other women authors. What are they all about? Women of course! Ill try to write a book review later, but for now, Im finishing " the Innocent Man" by John Grisham.
 

Double Y's freckles Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei